***From the website www.amimoni.gr
Fairy tales are spiritual and mental food for children, they generate emotions, stimulate their minds, challenge their intellect, stimulate their imagination, the creation of positive performances and generally contribute to their development. One can hardly imagine childhood without fairy tales.
"Fairytale Without Limits" is the first electronic library of fairy tales, which is aimed at children of preschool and first school age with visual impairments.
It consists of 20 audio/visualized fairy tales, 19 of which are from Kaleidoscope Publications and one from Aparsis Publications . The fairy tales are told by authors, actors, volunteers of Diavazo for Others and Amymonis .
The visualization was done under the instructions of the Amimoni Early Intervention program, so that each fairy tale has a different level of visual adaptation, to be understood by children with a corresponding level of vision.
Visit our library on the YouTube channel of the same name here
The action "Fairytale without Borders" was financed by the Ioannis S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation within the framework of the 3rd Round of the "Points of Support" program and its sequel, "Fairytale without Borders II" was financed by the Ministry of Culture within the framework of the "Projects and actions of Digital Culture 2020".
The fairy tales:
- A hug and a kiss and a dumb box , by Valentina Papadimitraki, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Chrysomallousa – 9 fairy tales and a wooden spoon , by Ioanna and Ersis Niaoti. Kaleidoscope Publications
- Chrysoula , by Lila Patroklou, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Hrats , by Evi Gerokosta, Kaleidoscope Publications
- What the fox once asked for in the ravine , by Kostas Magos, Kaleidoscope Publications
- The general and his cat , by Lila Patroklou, Kaleidoscope Publications
- The Pullover , by Dimitris Baslam, Kaleidoscope Publications
- When the daisies were only white or only yellow , by Gabriella Psilopoulou-Ieronimidou, Aparsis Publications
- Dzikidzik, krikikrik and the strange chorus of the forest , by Kostas Magos, Kaleidoscope Publications
- If your little hand could fit , by Zetta Argyris, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Melak, alone , by Argyros Pipini, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Mermigo, from the book To Kountounaki , by Agnis Stroumboulis, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Patou and the animals of the forest , by Michalis Kazazis, Kaleidoscope Publications
- The little crocodile that became a meadow , by Christos Boulotis, Kaleidoscope Publications
- The courtships of the daughter of the mouse, from the book To Kountounaki , by Agnis Stroumboulis, Kaleidoscope Publications
- The godmother cat , by Soula Mitakidou – Evangelia Tressos and AL Manna, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Mary Pineza , by Soula Mitakidou - Evangelia Tressou, Kaleidoscope Publications
- Koukouska , by Maros Katsikas, Kaleidoscope Publications
The fairy tales are read with love by authors, actors, volunteers of Read for Others and Amimoni , while the visualization of the illustration material was done with the guidance - and the long experience in education of visually impaired children - of the Early Intervention Program of Amimoni .
This collaboration resulted in the fairy tales being "readable" by children with limited vision (creation of a suitable background, image contrast, simplification of drawings, etc.).
The rights for the first 10 books of our electronic library were kindly granted by Kaleidoscope publications , which with their sensitivity and active interest were a valuable partner throughout the creation of the library.
Authors of the fairy tales (alphabetical): Evi Gerokosta, Michalis Kazazis, Maro Katsika, Soula Mitakidou, Dimitris Baslam, Christos Boulotis, Ioanna & Ersi Niaoti, Valentina Papadimitraki, Lila Patroklou, Argyro Pipini, Kostas Magos, Agni Stroumbouli, Evangelia Tressou, Gavriella Psilopou – Ieronimidou, AL Manna
Authors of fairy tales of foreign publishing houses (Greek rights of Kaleidoscope publications) (alphabetical): Eric Carle, Alex Latimer
Storytelling (alphabetical): Evi Gerokosta, Hara Zisimatou, Tatiana Zografou, Mata Kastrisiou, Yasemi Kilaidoni, Chrysella Lagaria, Kyriakos Mourtzis, Konstantinos Bazas, Valentina Papadimitraki, Lila Patroklou, Iraklis Paschalidis, Maria Plumi
Visual Adjustment & Editing: Danai Parouniadis
Music Editing: Alexandros Iakovou
Sound engineer: Thodoris Damourakis
Action Logo and Communication Material: Krysti Mouratidou
For the Integration and Awareness Action: Model Kindergarten – Mari Redzepi Kindergarten .
For the rights of foreign houses : Copyright © 2018 by Alex Latimer. First published by Oxford University Press in 2018
The Very Hungry Caterpillar By Eric Carle. Copyright ©1969 & 1987 by Eric Carle. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Mister Seahorse By Eric Carle. Copyright © 2004 by Eric Carle. All rights reserved. Used with permission.